Song of myself

So, I was pretty disappointed by our mutual friend Blogger last Thursday for pretending my post never happened. Just so you don't feel like you missed out, let me be the first to assure you it said all the things you would expect: I'm awesome, I have plans, ice cream is still tops, pizza pretty alright, generally. This is what I've done lately, this is something I'm trying to convince Sebastien of lately. Check out this unrealistic fantasy--won't you share your thoughts and feelings too?
Much like me, the rest of the blogger heads were nerve wracked, but thankfully most of us got our shiznit back. The post in question ended up in the draft pile.. None of the awesome pictures made it to said draft and all the comments were lost.
I was going to re do the whole thing but then, I was like, 'what my readers really wanna know about is all my favorite nerd songs.' (I know. You're welcome.)
Here are ten of the best. Top to bottom, my body stays ready.

NUMBER 10: If you know nothing of nerding, start here. All these references should have populated your childhood. I didn't even have glasses, so being a girl will also not suffice as an excuse for not having already seen this. 
Favorite moment: Indi can't find his gun.


At NUMBER 9 we glimpse what you're aiming for. Sebastien has told me he won't really know how to relate if his kids are into sports. I've said I'll try to love them even if they aren't gay. Obviously, we'll be cranking this in the crib.
Fave visual: All the nerd cameos are great but I still love the pac man fire at the start most of all.


NUMBER 8 is not for newbs. It seems to tell a clear story but only to those who are familiar with the ongoings of Episodes four and five.  By contrast, anybody who has ridden in car with me in the last 6 or so years has heard me say, "Run to Dagobah, run to Dagobah!" It's the 'are we there yet?' of the modern era.
Fave memory: Thinking about all the times my friend Brad and I have broke into this song together.



NUMBER 7 is for the massive multiplayer online crowed. (MMOz) I have my share of online friends but I've never been into the idea of an ongoing payment for my video gaming. Nevertheless I love this video and think of it every time anybody mentions the movie Avitar. Thanks alot.
Fave aspect: the lyrics are provocative but the costuming is just done so well. I wish I could be them all for a halloween.


NUMBER 6 is special for me, because not only does it capture what it's feels like and is like to sit in your basement pretending to be an elf, I have a lot of love for the song   Like a  G6,  that this wonderful spoof is based off of.
Fave coincident: Cool, this is number 6. haha. For you non gamers, the GM(game master) would most likely tell you to roll a D 20. But yeah, that didn't work..


NUMBER 5 is a great  little cross over from fellow masshole, Brad Neely. Doubtlessly you have seen his George Washington Song by now, if not the Kennedy or the Leprechaun one I posted back in march.
Fave Observation: I can watch his "comics" over and over again and always see new details that make each image hilarious. I would love to get coffee with this guy.


If you don't like Flight of the Concords, you should pretty much give up talking to me. This is their Lord of the Rings song and they have specialized Hobbit-sized street cred for themselves, being kiwis.
NUMBER 4, take it away!

Fave line: Everybody loves the, you have my sword and my bow, and my axe moment. But how about that germanish metal-core band. The dwarf kills it! 


Which brings us to NUMBER 3. I am in love with this song because not only did the do a great job referencing the plots of Star Wars, Empire Strikes Back, and A New Hope, they took great care to match rhyme patterns and pitch undulations to match Jay Z's original performance with a level of detail not achieved by any of the other spoof songs on this list.
Fave Lyric: Princess Leia/Alicia Keys "In star wars now Hans a coffee table, there's nothing Luke can do." And Vader, "You're welcome Obi Wan, I made you a ghost." 


NUMBER 2 will always be highly nostalgic for me. If I accomplished nothing else in my final year of teaching, I can honestly claim that I inspired a love of math, music and science in 22  seven year olds. In my classroom it was a privilege to listen to the symphony of science songs and they knew all the words. 
These were all great songs for dictionary races, wiki/google searches, and they took them oh-so-seriously. My kids are going to rule the world!


And the very best nerd song lacks only in length. You have to be a true science geek to get all the abfab references. But even you should know the Isaac Newton quote, "If I have seen further, it is only because I've stood on the shoulders of Giants." For those of you who think Einstein won the battle rap, let it not simply be for his wack-ass handicap jokes. 
Ok, Einstein still won. 


And so, yeah, that's my ten. If there are any songs you would add to the list, I am obviously more than open to seeing them. And what you assume, I shall assume. Tell them Walt sent me. (Roger Rabbit, anybody--anybody?)
Well, here are a couple of other super nerdy posts if you missed them. HA, just kidding...all you have to do is scroll down for that.

But before I go I want to share one last vid. I think it interprets the internet pretty well as a culturally and socially insensitive place run by mad dogs where words and ideas only have a few seconds to make any impact or by contrast  grant you 15 mins of excruciating fame. 
I never post this to my facebook because it's the sort of thing that gets family members to unfriend me. (Also I lost a reader after posting this, coincidence?)


Enjoy!
You have read this article with the title Song of myself. You can bookmark this page URL http://trendcelebrity2014.blogspot.com/2011/05/song-of-myself.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Song of myself"

Post a Comment