30 days of truth,#2. (OR NOT)

Ok, Batmans, I have come to the conclusion that not even I am narcissistic enough to flood your media feed on a daily basis for the next twenty odd days. I started my 'day two' post about how I'm fun and dynamic but it kind of made me want to slap my own mouth. I mean, I guess I could do it the way the rest of my cohort did and not post every day, but that defeats the purpose in my mind of calling it thirty days of truth. So I've continued the 30 days of truth on my privet blog, at an undisclosed URL (the likes of which amounts to little more than a legable diary)
It should surprise no one that it it is extra difficult to file taxes from outside of the country. A process made more so by the misplacement of certain forms. We looked everywhere, I even raised an offering to the cleanliness gods by way of celestial vaccum and still, our prayers go mocked.  These events seem to paint my existence in childish relief as it is now apparent that my husband and I are among that group of man-children actively dumb enough to throw out important forms. I'm really eager to Skype Seba's parents for help. "Sure we can live in France, leave all the details to us..." I tell ya, I've never had good luck filing for taxes, wish someone would just claim me as a dependent and be done with it.

In better news
We finally found a good spot for Kimchi here in Paris. We stumbled upon the K-mart on a walk home from the Tuilerie Jardin a few days ago. We were the only westerners there and as it was a K-mart, we felt compelled to go home and come back wearing sweatpants and tank-tops. (Backfat like woah) Great kimchi by the way. I was worried when it wasn't in a jar, but when I unsealed the bag it was tender and ripe. And strong enough to stink up my fridge. Its gone now, but it's in a much better place.
This Friday Sebastien, Pascal, one of his friends from work and I are going to rent bikes, buy supplies and prepare to ride 60 km out of Paris on Saturday to the National Park, Fontainebleau. Tentatively, we're going  to make an overnight trip of it and possibly come back by train if our legs really hate us. I don't want to get too greedy but I really hope our hotel has a bath tub. Having said that, I also wish I had made the room in my overweight valise for my back-packer's tent...and my cast-iron frying pan.  Teflon is tryin to murder a sista and it's warm enough to sleep outside.
It hasn't snowed anywhere in France (aside from the Alps, duh) since December. True, it's rained some in Paris. But we've had weather in the mid-teens (Centigrade) for most of February, and the mid to high teens for all of March. It really smells like spring outside now, when it rains. And it looks like summer when it shines. This is picnic weather to the brim, and it is so great to be in a country that allows you to share a bottle of wine with your friends on a blanket.
Going to have my next band practice tomorrow night. We're working on this great song called Rockinstine. It will shred your cabbage, bro.  Speaking of which, I don't think I've shared enough photos with you recently. So here is a batch, some of them haven't even made their way to facebook or flickr. This is seriously a blog spot [unimportant] exclusive. So please watch your head while we rock:
The famous red windmill

Say what you want about graffiti, but this is at least five layers of awesome

Poor Mario, the princess is in another castle..

Baking powder and baking soda are not the same thing, where scones are concerned.. 

Great band out of Barcellona, Cafetera Roja 

My handsome chipster...

Half elves are everywhere, know your exits..

Two of my colocs putting up with my camera being shoved in their face, again


Trop tuff (Me and a coloc spray painted the garlen you will see in later photos...)

For le bebe

You can drink on the metro in Paris. But I am just not hobo enough to bother.

Great little night spot, Rose a Bonheur

Wild night, ended in my having a black eye. Ticklers, be cautioned... 

One fish, two fish, red fish, EWWW fish..

Sebastien made us a pie on Pi day

Saint Patty's day, some friend of a friend at some irish pub. Lol

This is how I settle arguments, Libya, take notes. 

Mr Universe, back from 2010

The places you'll go...

How Paris must have felt loosing to the OM again. Great match.

When we threw our first party, we were accused of killing pigeons by our neighbors...

Our garlen. And his birthday!

I go no where without a squad of cool kids


Still not so sure about cooking with silicon forms...

Dance pool boy, dance! Kitchen fiesta. No neighbor involvement this time. FTW!

Tip your cup and your cap, to fun and friends and all of that


Tuillerie gardens, getting towards dusk...
So that's a little taste. Hope everything is going grandly for you out there in cyber land. I think I'm going to do a short run before dinner. Happy trails and higher roads, mes amis!
You have read this article backfat / Facebook / flickr / Fontainebleau / k-mart / kimchi / tuilerie jardin with the title 30 days of truth,#2. (OR NOT). You can bookmark this page URL http://trendcelebrity2014.blogspot.com/2011/03/30-days-of-truth2-or-not.html. Thanks!

No comment for "30 days of truth,#2. (OR NOT)"

Post a Comment