Shark Week and Summer Salads

Shark Week, as everyone knows, is an American tradition whose currents run deep. Truly, you're not worth your weight in salt if you've never appreciated the sheer ferocity that is the Great White shark... and by extension the anual homage  to their Majesty.With just two days of  dorsal fin finery left in tow, I wanted to give you access to an important document that's sure to get you three sheets to the wind.
Now, drinking game aside, lets admit that sharks are cool. But in more ways then one, liking them, studying them, and reciting facts about them is a lot like being into dinosaurs. Oyes, much like your old friend soccer, sharks and dinosaurs are for kids.
But this shark week actually came to my home town and mentions it by name. Not only that, my cousin's husband is the harbor master in the opening shot of this vid. So check it out and try to get excited. This episode already aired but you have a solid two days of quality Discovery channel/drinking still on your boogie board. Don't let it go to waste.



Things have been closer to the prototype of summer here in Paris comma finally. Getting some sun, picnics in the park, drinks on the canal and fresh grilled everything. Geez, it's like spring all over again!! (But now with deeper tans) Plus I have this amazing cast-iron grill pan (that I found on the curb) and I have been doing up fruits, veggies, and the occasional meats. I love to eat fresh in the summer. White wine and cold beers all the time with that good, good bread. I make an effort to visit the markets every day, I serve a few cold salads at every meal, and my repertoire has increased since moving to France.
Here are a few salads I would suggest as their variations are practically endless while still having an ingredients list of less than 6. (Which makes me less than three them) <3 

Beets and Corn off the Cob salad:










Carrot Salad:










Cucumber Salad:














Endive Salad: 















Tomato Salad:


























If these sound simple it's because they are. Just twenty mins prep time (including refrigeration) and you've got something cool and filling that looks pretty on a plate. 

If you want to be nice (or mean) to me, make a dish with okra or jalapenos--two great ingredients I can't find in France. Send me a picture and I'll love/hate you forever. 

So what are your plans here at summer's edge? Sebastien and I secured our rooms and our tickets to Budapest so all the worry is out the window with that. He's just started reviewing the chips I got for him in Tunisia and if you want to have a look at those check them out here.  I've got my hands on quite the word smith, it must be said.
Also, if anyone has been to Budapest let me know what's good to check out. I plan to meet people on couch surfing but if you've got some insider information, let me know. My major goal before going is learning how to say "thank you." A phrase worth knowing, the world over. 

Ten points will be awarded to your house if you ever played that game. I feel pretty foolish knowing it could be beat in 5 mins and I played it for months without winning ever. Man, shooting jellyfish with ship born bombs makes me miss my brother like you don't even know. 

Take care, the internet and may the sharks, nor society, never mistake your children for a meal. 
You have read this article Budapest / drinking game / Jaws / NES / salads / shark week / summer / Twin Shadow with the title Shark Week and Summer Salads. You can bookmark this page URL http://trendcelebrity2014.blogspot.com/2011/08/shark-week-and-summer-salads.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Shark Week and Summer Salads"

Post a Comment