Restaurant not-okay.

Seeing as I've worked in the same Restaurant setting for 6 years now, I've had 6 years to think of the top 6 things that annoy me the most when working in restaurant customer service. Here goes..
 
#1. When people tell you they don't have enough money to pay.
"Hi ma'am, your total is $7.28" and they respond with, "oh. Well I only have $5.00.."
*Then they continue to stand there awkwardly..*
LIKE I'M SORRY.... THEN PUT SOMETHING BACK!
Would you EVER go to a grocery store and tell the cashier you are short & expect THEM to make up the difference?
NO.
If you do  actually do that, you are totally annoying.
 
 
#2. "Where are your straws?"
I could pull my hair out when I hear this question. Honestly it makes me cringe.
FIRST OF ALL, when people ask me this question it's usually with drink in hand, covered with a lid. Minus the straw. Now. How the restaurant here is set up, you literally have to reach OVER the straws to grab a lid for your drink.
My response to this question is "next to the fountain machine, cups & lids.." or on an occasional bad day I'll say "you reached over them to grab that lid.."
when I want to say is, "You, my friend, are an idiot"
*Also, I work in a hospital setting as well. SO I have heard this question from surgeons & doctors. THAT terrifies me. Um hello.. you are performing brain surgery but can't figure out where a straw is??*
SMH.
 
 
#3. When customers stand and eat while they pay.
Diiiiisgustinggg.
I do not want to take your money from your wet, food covered fingers that were just in your mouth! You can wait 30 seconds until I'm done ringing you up to start shoveling your food in your face.
THEN they talk with their mouths open.. Pet Peeve alert!
Gross.
 
 
#4. Stupid Jokes that are said over and over.
Most customers are get-food-and-run or eat-at-my-desk type. Which means their food is in a black Styrofoam to-go box. They stand their so impatiently handing me their money, and they haven't even told me what they ordered.
When I finally ask, "What did you order...?" They will more than likely respond, "OOOOH haha You can't read my mind!?"
LIKE DUH. NO. I CANNOT.
And you're JUST as UN-funny as the last 4 people that asked me that.
 
 
#5. When people walk away.
This usually happens when someone comes to ask me a question about where something is.
"Excuse me, where can I order smoothies?"
As soon as I  start to talk to them or direct them where to go, they just walk away mid-sentence.
Big gulp eh? Welp, see ya later!
Don't ask me a question if you don't care to hear the answer, or if you thought you were smart enough to figure it out yourself.
 
 
#6. When people are rude when they hand over money
I'll stand their patiently waiting for you to dig through your purse for your money, credit card, to find change.. whatever. I'll nicely put my hand out to get their money, and they toss it on the counter while it rolls onto the floor, goes under my cash register & then watch me pick up every coin.
I usually return the favor by tossing their change back onto their tray.
ooh a penny bounced into your salad? Too bad!
It also annoys me when people hand me crumpled up money that I have to unfold.
Like, oh wait right there while my OCD tendencies kick in and I have to go hot-iron your money!
 
 
 
 
haha I was such a happy camper when I logged into blogger this morning. Not gonna lie, my heart is pumping a little harder just thinking about these things!!
 
What annoys you at YOUR work!?
 

You have read this article annoying / restaurant with the title Restaurant not-okay.. You can bookmark this page URL http://trendcelebrity2014.blogspot.com/2013/06/restaurant-not-okay.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Restaurant not-okay."

Post a Comment