Christmas Market

I am pretty sure I can't imagine a worse place on Earth to live besides Paris.....if you were starving. All the good smells from the cheese shops, bakeries and street venders, (chestnuts roasting over an open fire--for real)--make the food trucks in DC look like well, just about as unsavory as it already sounded. Say it again, "food truck"  --utilitarian at best.

As you well know I do my best to live in a deasert first universe and with that in mind I give you a short photo collection of the Christmas Market dans les Champs Elysées (You should totally click that link, Sebastien almost died of embarrassment when I played it.....ok so I had it up to 11.) Anyway, back to deasert--photos first, explication second. 

Various dried fruits
Various dried meats
Chocolate in tile format

Tackie porch hangings
He's notta scarea you

This guy wants to do me, so hard. Break a few eggs, indeed.
Light-up flowers, maybe for your porch or other tacky place.

The dish towel is the perfect gift when you want to say, "kinda!"
Just once I want to go to a party and proclaim that I carved a snake with a chainsaw, IRL

I took all these photos just for you
Well, I'm also a creeper..

As well as an American in Paris
We had a really wonderful promenade. We bought three saucisson from the meat stall in picture two-- one with nuts, one with figs and one with a strong blue cheese. We had a big lunch before we left but it was still really hard not to buy savory crepe or a big Belgian style waffle smothered in nutella...but we did share a steaming cup of mulled red wine. Speaking of nutella, you should meet my new favorite cereal, regard! To the left you will see the cereal--click it, make it larger. To the right you will see the artistic rendering my enamel made based on my new diet. As you can see my teeth are a congress divided. Stupid Cry babies.
We might be in Paris for Christmas because the TGV is 80 euros for a one way to Alsace where his family still lives.
I don't mind at all.  Everywhere is home with him. The French love their outdoor markets and I was very excited to learn that I wouldn't have to wait until the spring to see them again.  There will be another Christmas market only two blocks from here on Saturday. Unless we finally get motivated, something comes up, we'll go to that too.

And finally super friends, it turns out I got the head count wrong. I live with two Italians, a German, a Bulgarian, three french girls and one French guy, who all speak both french and english as good or better than me. Stupid jerks.
You have read this article D.A.D.T / Joe Dassin / Natalie Dee / Paris / Post Modern Talko / Treasor with the title Christmas Market. You can bookmark this page URL http://trendcelebrity2014.blogspot.com/2010/12/christmas-market.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Christmas Market"

Post a Comment