Autumn is for Erins

Basically homeboys, Fall is without a doubt my favorite season. If you had a time machine, my yesteryears would find me traipsing around corn mazes, carving pumpkins and eating apple butter. There were farmer's markets, long walks in the woods, Dim sum runs on Sundays and double tall pumpkin spice lattes spilling down my scarfs.
Things are different in France. The only Fall holiday they boast is All Saints Day...and it's kinda dead as holidays go. To be fair, I know of a Starbucks but I would never go there. The prices are outrages and I'd rather support local business. I'm not sure there will even be pumpkins to buy, let alone pumpkin pies.
Le sigh
I know it's back to school and everything, but I've started thinking Americans like the autumn so much because it was a large part of our nation's early heritage.
  But the colors of the leaves aren't the only ones to morph. Here in Paris, where the absence of trees is notable, it has been the store windows which have alerted me to the changing of the seasonal guard.  Thankfully, I adore boots and leather and I just love layers and lace. I admit that I've long thought gold was super tacky, but when paired with black the contrast can be every bit as classy as the mags always made them seem.
So here are a few of my fall choices. I either own pieces like them or am disregarding the females long enough to acquire the currency necessary for their acquisition.
Like anything that you see? Got anything in your closet that would turn my head? If you'd like to play with this app, go to polyvoreimg. And be sure to thank Angie, because it was her pirate day post that got me on this train.
You have read this article with the title Autumn is for Erins. You can bookmark this page URL http://trendcelebrity2014.blogspot.com/2011/09/autumn-is-for-erins.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Autumn is for Erins"

Post a Comment