I saved Latin, what di you ever do?

The digital world has swallowed me whole. This occurred to me last night on my walk whereupon seeing a hand scrawled note on the ground I immediately thought to myself, maybe it's a quest!

This fact was only reenforced by my recent trip to le Musee Cluny  on Free museum day. After standing before a massive disembodied statue's head and I found myself wishing for my camera and a respectable block print font in post production so that I could turn my would-be photo into the dat ass meme, como esto:

I pointed this out to Sebastien and Christian and had to give a brief history of what exactly I was talking about. Uh, not even for the first time...

 Their reactions sort of gave me the impression I've gone in too deep.  This was only naturally reenforced later when viewing  a bas relief of Jesus in scrimshaw holding the heads of two choir boys with lacquered mahogany backsplash. Some people would have made a molestation joke, or by contrast, actually enjoy the art in the spirit it was created in...but for me, seeing it instantly called to mind something I had seen in my tumblr feed the day before...



With all of this stuff going on in my head, compounded the fact that I keep playing Skyrim before bed, I'm really glad I've got a new music project going with a few very talented musicians. I did my first shift working as a waitress at a restaurant last night. It was fine, except I needed to stretch for 20 mins once I got home. My friggin' back!
But, ever since I got my visa worked out, my focus has been finding work in an immersive French speaking environment. I thought about trying to intern at some office but I hate sitting around all day--even if it means I'd get to wear my pearls.
True enough, I can always fall back on  teaching, but that would have to be in English. Or I could always nanny, but people who can afford that live at least 40 mins outside of Paris. Not to mention,  I loath people who outsource the parenting of their children.
It's funny, here in Paris I've had all the time in the world but no money. If I work out well at this gig, however I'll be working so much enjoying my money will be hard. But this is exactly the kind of trade off I'm in the mood for. One of the hardest things about moving to France was losing the freedom to buy the things I wanted or needed. I'm really not used to having to budget for lotion.

Thankfully I'm exaggerating, but it's wintertime and I'm ashy! Oh well, Aude defends her dissertation  today, so Sebastien and I are going to watch her be all smart and hot about it. Plus, they're serving free lunch!  Maybe we'll pick her up a balloon on the way? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Anyway,  I have to get in the science mood, (cuz I'm still running on sleepy mode) So I leave you with this:
Congratulations, you are no longer normal.

You have read this article dat ass / Harry Potter / Meanwhile / meme / Musee Cluny / Now kiss / Rage Comics / Skyrim / Y you no with the title I saved Latin, what di you ever do?. You can bookmark this page URL http://trendcelebrity2014.blogspot.com/2012/02/i-saved-latin-what-di-you-ever-do.html. Thanks!

No comment for "I saved Latin, what di you ever do?"

Post a Comment