V-Day Treat!

Chocolate Covered Strawberries..
*Sigh*
..I don't think I've told you about the story about my GIGANTIC Chocolate covered strawberry...
 
Right when City Creek Mall opened Spencer and I went down to check it out. We went into an extremely appealing store that sold lots of chocolates & treats.
I decided that I deserved a treat so I'd get a choco strawberry.
 
The girl behind the counter said, "7 or 9?"
... clearly I don't know what that means but of course I want the 9...
So as she rings me up for a $9.50 strawberry I almost peed right there on the floor.
"7 or 9" meant price.
That's right folks.. a NINE DOLLAR SINGLE STRAWBERRY WITH CHOCOLATE.
Just one.
ONE!
Needless to say I didn't want to eat such a thing of beauty. So I carried it around with me for two whole days admiring it. Eating it one lick at a time to make it last.
I will admit it was worth it.
 
SO.
Now here we are with Valentine's Day just a few days away.
Do not go buy chocolate covered strawberries.
This is quick & easy, and only cost me around $8.00
 
WHAT YOU NEED:
-A case of strawberries
(they were 2 cases for $4.00 at my local grocery store!)
-Chocolate Almond Bark
(I bought this for about $3.00 at my local grocery store!)
-A cookie sheet covered with wax or parchment paper
 
*Use a smaller saucepan for this so it's easier to dip the strawberries. You won't use as much chocolate if you use a small saucepan!*
 
Turn the burner on LOW. (the lowest setting possible!)
Melt a few chunks of almond bark at a time. BE PATIENT or it will burn!
 
While your chocolate is melting, wash off all of your strawberries.
MAKE SURE THEY ARE DRIED COMPLETELY!
(ANY trace of moisture will cause the almond bark to solidify!)
*make sure any spoons you use to stir stay dry as well!*
 
Once all of your chocolate is melted dip each strawberry very carefully by holding the stem.
(you can use a fork or something else to dip your strawberry, but I like to hold the strawberry greens up so they don't get chocolate on them!) 
 
Lay your chocolate covered strawberries to dry on your wax/parchment paper.
 
EASSSSYYYY!
If your chocolate starts to thicken, you used too much heat or heated it too quickly!
You can thin your chocolate by using a SMALL amount of vegetable shortening.
DO NOT use water or milk!!
 
SOO..
I paid $9.00 for one chocolate covered strawberry &
I made 24 myself for under $8.00
 
 
I ate at least 5.
Awesome.
 
 
XOXO

You have read this article recipes with the title V-Day Treat!. You can bookmark this page URL http://trendcelebrity2014.blogspot.com/2013/02/v-day-treat.html. Thanks!

No comment for "V-Day Treat!"

Post a Comment